Taken at the Museum of Transport and Technology, 29 August, 1996. This aircraft was built in 1946, and loaned to BOAC for two years. It was subsequently purchased by the RNZAF and flown to New Zealand in 1953. The aircraft served with No5 SQN from 1956 until 1966 as 'Q'. In 1967 it was donated to MOTAT and has been on open air display at Meola Rd since.
© 1996 Phillip Treweek, all rights reserved